VICDA (Volunteer International Community Development Africa) is a Kenyan NGO (non-government organization) devoted to assisting needy Kenyans alongside global partners and selfless volunteers. Since its inception in 2004, VICDA has aided tens of thousands of Kenyans by implementing community development projects, constructing schools, sponsoring education, digging wells and setting up agricultural projects. Thank you for taking a moment to learn more about VICDA’s many programs and ways in which you can get involved.
ABOUT VOLUNTEERING IN KENYA: 1st and 15th of Each Month Throughout the Year:
This unique opportunity asks volunteers to give their time and energy to help the less fortunate while experiencing Kenya’s rich beauty and culture. Volunteer has an option of working in either of the following programs:
- Children orphanage
- Teaching in community or public schools
- Healthcare program
- HIV/AIDS program
VICDA VOLUNTEER PROGRAM THROUGHOUT THE YEAR IN KENYA:
Volunteer Program Fee Inclusive of:
- Pick up from the airport and drop off at the accommodation in one of Kenyan local family either in urban or rural areas;
- Orientation given to volunteer on how to go around Kenya,Kenyan culture and traditions,project/accommodation placements,transport within etc.
- Accommodation in a local Kenyan family or within the project site.
- 24/7 hour coordination by VICDA Team.
- 3 meals a day(Kenyan breakfast and dinner)
Volunteer Fee is Exclusive of:
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Items (ie,beverages, snacks)
- Any extra transport
- Airport Drop-off
If volunteer is interested to visit Kenya beautiful Wildlife in National game reserves/parks,kindly see the below information:
Maasai Mara Game Reserve; 3 days 2 nights, games drives, full board accommodation in a lodge, non-residents park entry fees, drivers allowance and park entry fees, vehicle entry fees, transport from and to Nairobi; US$750
Lake Naivasha; 3 days 2 nights full board accommodation, transport from Guest-house accommodation to the lodge and return to JKIA(Jomo Kenyatta International Airport,Nairobi-Kenya) Airport ; US$450
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the volunteer contact form and one of our team members will get back to you shortly or email firstname.lastname@example.org